Tomorrow, I will be heading back to NC for a little while, then up to visit with the family in New York. Yesterday was Zachary's last day of school, so he too is looking forward to some time up north. In late June, we will be back in FL ready to take a trip up to Cumberland, GA on Skylark for a week or so. Needless to say, I will be looking forward to that.
I have posted quite a few of the projects as we went a long, but I thought a list of the completed jobs would be fun to see. If anyone has questions on anything I did, please let me know, I will be happy to send pics or pass along any tips.
What did we do?
- Water tank - Built access hatches to the water tank under the V-birth. Removed tank and cleaned. Installed all new fresh water hoses to the faucets in the galley and head. Replaced both faucets.
- Cold Plates - Converted the icebox to refrigerator with Norcold cold plates. (There is a post on this)
- Sea Hood - Customized an existing sea hood found at Sailors Exchange to fit over the sliding hatch over the companion way. (There is a post on this)
- Deck Paint - Painted the decks white on white. (There is a post on this)
- New Navigation Station - Have not posted the full project yet, but will soon. We custom built a navigation station above the starboard shelf over the aft quarter-birth. Ran all new 12v and 110 wire through out the boat including all wires in the engine harness. Built new panel to cover where the old electric switches were.
- New House Battery Bank - Replaced existing 2 group 27 batteries with 4 6volt golf cart batteries totaling 430 amp hours. Moved the starting battery into the engine compartment and is charged as a separate bank.
- Bow Roller Install - Moved the deck mounted navigation lights and installed a heavy duty bow roller and cleat. Added a 22 pound Bruce anchor to the roller and kept the Danforth on the deck.
- Headliner - Insulated with quarter inch sheets and then stained and polyethylened wood. (There is a post on this)
- Propane Locker - Glassed in a 20 pound tank "tub" under the aft seat, installed an access hatch and ran a spill hose out a through-hull below the aft transom. Installed a solanoid control switch in the galley and a solanoid on the propane tank.
- Wind Generator - Installed 400w AirX wind generator that is controlled through the main panel and can charge either or both banks at the turn of a switch.
- Bilge Pump Configuration - Removed the original 500 gallon per hour pump and replaced with a 1500 gallon per hour pump and automatic float switch. Removed the old hose that emptied the bilge water into the cockpit and ran a hose to the aft where a through-hull was installed below the transom. Cleaned the bilge of all dirt, oil and debris.
- Bow Navigation Lights - Removed bow rail and welded a flat piece of stainless so lights could be mounted. Ran the wires through the bow rail tubes and then below decks.
- Engine - Finished install of new engine. Took carburetor off for a complete cleaning, replaced all electrical components. Ran all new wires to and from batteries, switches and gauges. Installed new muffler and built new water exhaust elbow. Ran all new tubing for blower.
- Solar Panel - Install a 100w solar panel and charge controller.
- Tiller - Reinforce tiller in the new bracket. Install tiller pilot.
Have a good June, I hope to see you out on the water soon.